Phones, laptops, smartwatches. These gadgets are an inherent part of our life. But if adults become acquainted with them gradually and can imagine life without any of them, then children were born in times when gadgets were everywhere. They started to use the internet when they were 2 or 3 years old surprising parents a lot. So to decide to take away a cell phone from the schoolkid, there must be strong reasons. It is like taking a car from an adult who lives out of the city without any explanation. We are sure that cell phones should be banned in school. It would be wrong to say that they have only bad influence but comparing good and bad aspects the conclusion is simple so let's try to prove it together.
- Lost concentration. Children are more active than adults. And now remember your phone with hundreds of notifications that interrupt your working process a lot of times. But when you work, you earn money and have something to eat. For the child, this logic doesn't exist because they are not responsible for surviving. The simple conclusion is that when phones are available at school, students don't follow any information and keep their attention on the phone. The next reason comes from this one.
- Belief that everything can be found online. The most popular answer for any question nowadays is "Ask Google." Grown-ups who know that information on the internet is not always reliable. Moreover, it is mostly unreliable, and nobody is responsible for those tones of disinformation that appears every minute. Children are aware of it but don't believe in it because they never had problems before when you use unproven facts. If you use tried resources and services like WriteMyPaperHub whose experts help students by means of writing essays for money there will be no problem with the quality of information, but you need time to find and understand that this source is useful.
- Low scores. It is a consequence of the previous two reasons. The difference between teachers and students' knowledge at school is huge. It is not a university where most talented students can speak to their mentor on the same level and do research together. So the teacher at school can easily find that the schoolkid was not attentive at his course and spend time messaging and watching videos. As a result, low scores and low levels of knowledge.
- Social isolation. Online chatting and following give a feeling of real communication. But this is wrong. Nothing can substitute meeting in a cafe or going to the park together. It is hard to explain but easy to feel. Moreover, people online try to show only a successful part of their life. Nobody posts photos when he is sick or tired. That's why you can't be sure that you know a person from a chat and he is your friend. Children are too trustful and can be involved in that imaginary friendship too much. The only way to have healthy relationships with people is to go out and talk and play and do homework together.
- Fraud. As we mentioned, schoolchildren are small, so they are truthful but are adults enough to know how to use credit cards. It is extremely simple to intrigue a child and sell an idea. There can be new products that are necessary to be modern among classmates, it can provide charity or even special presents for parents. Online cheating doesn't show the foolishness of a child. It shows how trusting and open they are, and a lot of people use it for personal benefit, unfortunately.
We believe that the only way of protecting children from all this harmful influence is to keep an eye on the online life of the child. It is impossible to take away all the gadgets. Furthermore, it is impossible, purblind, and unfair for every person. But we should ban cell phones at school where nobody can trace them for schoolchild security.
We talked with parents, and their common opinion matches ours. They mention that scores of their children raised after the school banned using gadgets. They become more friendly to each other and more careful about the people around them. They communicate and ask more questions. They play outside and eat lunches together, discussing school life.
It might happen that someday the reality will change, and we need to adjust to the digital world more and more so existing schools without gadgets become impossible. We don't deny or affirm it, but we must be ready. But nowadays when we can make a decision, we must understand the responsibility and try to explain to society that cell phones in schools are not necessary and practice to ban them gives good results in every sphere. As every complicated question, this one also must be discussed, but we believe that the result of this discussion is predictable and can lead to the better future of the children.